If you have ever had your own business, or have taken on a big project that you were passionate about, I would almost guarantee you have thought about quitting at one time or another. I am pretty sure we have all had one of those days, that turned into one of those weeks, where nothing is going right, we are inundated with s–t we need to handle and we find ourselves sitting and wondering why did we start this anyway? Those days where you find yourself sitting in your chair rocking, staring, thinking that it is definitely time to throw in the towel. It feels like everything is so hard, and you start to imagine that everyone around you is having more success than you. Your thoughts are taking over and the negative self talk just gets worse, actual tears start to roll down your cheeks as you sit there completely frozen. That was me on more than one occasion. I remember those moments only too well.
In life things don’t always go as planned. It is just as true in the life of an entrepreneur. Just remember that the only things that you can control in those moments is your attitude and your perspective. How you see everything at that moment controls how you think which then directs your behavior. So if you can get a handle on your attitude you can determine the outcome.
Here are 5 Simple Strategies that will help keep you from throwing in the towel:
- Be grateful for where you are – Take a look at where you were and how far you have come, and be grateful for where you are right now and try to relax. Give yourself a break.
- Re-evaluate your why – Why did you start what you are doing right now? What is your vision? What is your why, your reason for everything you do? If it is compelling enough you will never quit.
- Pull up your big girl pants – Get up off that chair take a deep breath and focus on the next step so you can move you forward.
- Call someone for support – When you feel like giving up that’s when it is crucial to call the person you know who can help lift you up and get you out of your own head. Rally your girls!
- Stop looking for an easier way – The time you are wasting on wondering whether or not you should give up, you could be spending on working on something that can move you forward. Be productive and pro active. You have to get through the hiccups and the ups and downs to get to the other side. There are no shortcuts unfortunately.
We do not all have the same road to success. Worry about your own journey and what you need to do to become successful. Everyone is going through their own stuff. It was not supposed to be easy, but it is going to be worth it. We all set out to pursue our dreams and set our goals with intention, and go out there and fight the fight every day. There will always be challenges , some forks in the road and a lot of bumps. Stay focused on the prize, which is ultimately your why. It will give you the stamina and the strength to keep on going even when you think you can’t. Don’t give into the temptation of quitting. We learn the best lessons when we decide not to give up and we keep on going.
For any questions or comments or just to say Hi connect with me HERE