Sometimes being happy is easier than it sounds. We all have days where we wake up just not feeling it and being happy takes extra effort. Fortunately I am a huge believer in personal development. I read a lot of blogs and articles, I especially love to read about anything that has to do with anti aging, entrepreneurship and just about everything that talks about staying positive. Yesterday I read something from Sandy’s blog, Anti-Aging@ Home, that I wanted to share. I thought her 10 tips were not only useful, but I try to practice all of them as often as often as I can so I can personally stay happy and positive as possible.
Here are Sandy’s 10 tips to being happy:
- Smile – Even when you do not feel like smiling, do it anyway. It will always make you feel happier.
- Sing out loud – Singing can improve your overall health. So sing in your car or the shower because it is good for you.
- Connect with a friend – Whether it is a phone call or even a text it will make you feel good.
- Dance like nobody is watching – You will laugh and have fun and it will make you feel awesome.
- Keep a gratitude journal – Write down at least 3 things you are grateful for every morning as soon as you get up. It will keep your mind more positive throughout the day.
- Practice aromatherapy – You can light a candle or even just smell your essential oils. Try jasmine, lemon, peppermint or jasmine.
- Listen to upbeat music – Fun upbeat happy music can lift your mood. I only listen to fun music while I workout because it helps me to actually workout longer!
- Stay around people who make you feel good – Negative people drain your positive energy so avoid them as much as possible.
- Spend money on experiences – It will definitely make you happier overall in the long run if you send money on fun stuff you enjoy, not just stuff in general.
- Practice an act of kindness – Doing something nice for someone else everyday will always make you feel happier.
I did tell you that I try to practice all of these tips to help me to stay positive and ultimately in a happier state of mind. I do want to tell you that number’s 6, 8, and 10 are my personal favorites! Try these yourself and let me know how they worked for you. Thanks Sandy for sharing.
Feel free to Contact Me with any questions or comments or just to let us know how you did!