We ALL have those days where we wake up and wish we could roll over, pull the blankets over our head, and just go back to sleep for the next 8 – 10 hours. I can relate because that’s exactly how I felt at 5:45 this morning. I tossed and turned most of the night thinking over and over about stupid things that I let get to me, which makes me more mad at myself for letting that happen. So I finally just got out of bed, walked downstairs, grabbed my detox water, and went into my sun-room to do my 10 minute meditation. Then, I proceeded to sip some coffee and I started writing down the things that I use to make myself feel better, so I could start to change the course of my day. First, I started writing my affirmations, this is going to be an amazing day, was number one. Of course I said them outloud to my dog Baxter, who loves me unconditionally and understands that I am a little crazy.
I wanted to share with all of you this morning hoping it will help you to have a great day too. Here are my 10 easy tips to make it a great day and turn lemons into lemonade:
- Decide to make it a great day – Surround yourself with people who support you and make you feel good – Don’t call or go see the people that are negative or tend to give you a hard time. When you are in a funk that is not the time to be around those people. Positivity and support is so important if you want to change your mental state.
- Focus on an important goal – Have a big goal, something to look forward to and something to strive for. One that makes you feel good when you see yourself imagining you have reached that goal.
- Focus on the bright future ahead and all the possibilities to get through difficult times – Remember tough times only last if you let them.
- Believe your story can change the world – write down your feelings and what happened to make you feel this way. Learn from it and tell your story, how you felt and what you found made it better,because your story can help someone.
- Keep moving forward – Plan ahead but be prepared to adapt, keep moving forward no matter what. Believe in your heart that today is a great day and tell yourself over and over until you start to feel better. Affirmations truly improve your mindset.
- Remember that you’re larger than your circumstances – There is always something to be thankful for.
- Focus on what you can do, not what you can’t – If something isn’t working for you then move on and work on something you can make work that day. Trying to make something happen that isn’t meant to happen will just frustrate you even more.
- Let yourself feel bad – Try to get a handle on what it is that is making you feel this way. Think about things that you can do that can make you feel better.
- Just take a walk and breathe (by the beach if possible) – A long quiet walk will help to clear your head. Listen to the sounds around you and try to focus on that, just breathe and relax.
- Reach out and help someone else – If you know there is someone out there that can use your help or advice in some way reach out to them. Do not expect anything in return. Giving always makes you feel better!
A bad mood is temporary. Sometimes the way you feel is a result of a negative event that occurred, someone said something that really disturbed you, maybe the bad weather is affecting you. I know I am usually in a super good mood when the sun is shining and the humidity is low! When it is hot humid and sticky, or dreary with no sun in sight, I can’t move my ass to save my own life! It takes a lot of effort for me to get myself into an energetic happy mood. It takes work but I get it done, most of the time anyway. Just remember you can flip it. Attitude is everything. Do not let anyone put you in a negative mood or ruin your day. Never give anyone permission to make you feel bad. Wake up and meditate, think happy thoughts, read positive affirmations and books. Try to only talk to people who make you feel good about you. Deal with the more difficult people only when you have to and you feel strong enough to deal with them head on. Ladies, you can absolutely change your state of mind by following these easy tips anytime you need to! Case in point, you are in control of how you feel so make sure you feel awesome today.
To contact me for questions or comments or to just say hello Click Here